New Chatlio features!
Greetings and a happy new year to all of you. Hope your 2015 was great as well. We are very excited for 2016, and have big new features coming soon! Big thanks to all of you who gave us feedback and wishes. Keep it coming!
Here’s a quick run-down of some of the new stuff we’re rolled out in the latter part of 2015.
New widget design and display options
We made big updates to widget design and mobile user experience. Grab the latest embed code if you signed up before September 2015, or wait and we will be rolling this out to all shortly. Also, we have new widget display options: in addition to the classic chat box on the bottom right of the screen, we now provide a full-height sidebar option, inline embedding and a Wordpress plugin.
Go to the Chatlio dashboard to grab the latest embed code that allows for different display options. You can mix and match.
During a chat you can ask your visitors to send you a screenshot of their browser window. Invaluable for those tricky debugging sessions when you’re struggling to understand their issue.
Additional features and improvements
- Operating hours: turn Chatlio on/off based on a weekly schedule.
- Chatlio is now an official Slack app! 🎉
- Typing indicators: Chatlio has them, both ways, and it works great!
- Response reminders: get notified in Slack when a visitor goes without response for more than 30 seconds. Very helpful if you happen to step away from your desk for a second.
- Chat throttling: set a maximum number of chats that can reach you at any one time. When you hit the max, Chatlio will show in offline mode and ask visitors to leave you a message.
- End chats and send transcripts: configure Chatlio send a transcript of the current conversation as an email or to your webhook.
- Files, images, code snippets: uploading files and images from Slack just work. Use the standard formatting for code snippets and emojis, just like you do in Slack.
- Improved Docs: Always underrated, but very important to our customer experience, is up to date and helpful documentation.
- Many, many other improvements in widget, dashboard and the very extensive Slack integration
Big stuff coming soon!
- Marketing automation: push messages to users, canned responses, track who’s currnetly online
- Chat reporting and analytics
- Visitor-side tools: transcript emails, operator rating, file uploads, etc
- And many more surprises to come shortly ;)
Thanks for being a Chatlio customer! And please reach out to us with ideas or feedback of any kind. We take it seriously and you are essential in helping us provide the best livechat software for Slack. 👊